Thursday, September 18, 2008

To summarize

So to sum up where I'm at currently, we're set to start trying for real in about 10 days or so. We've plotted and planned this out quite a bit, my wife more so than me, and we're pretty much ready.

So we've got names planned, loosely at least. Things are still open for change on that front. We've determined that we are trying for a boy. My reasons are I like the fact that we can and it's easier to get a boy. It's my mini version of intelligent design, but it's actually based on fact and science!

We're planning on the hardware we will be buying to support this child. We have not completely agreed on all of those as of yet, but plenty of those are financial based. It's amazing to me just how expensive some of the simple designs are, and really how excruciatingly expensive some of the top of the line stuff is. I'm an elitist, and I want the best, but how can I justify spending $1400 on a stroller? It's a big pill to swallow, and already indicitve of the sacrifices I will be making for my child. At this point, I'm okay with it, but it's still not an easy thing to do.

We haven't decided on a birthing method either. I think we both prefer a natural, possibly water method. I'm just not so sure the wife can handle it. And on top of that, I don't know if I can handle seeing her struggle to handle it. I love my wife so much, seeing her in pain isn't easy. It will be hard enough seeing her nauseated for a couple of months.

I guess to sum it up, we're planning and I'm nervous and a bit scared. But we're still going forward with it, at least with the practicing the conception part.

No comments: