Friday, September 19, 2008

Dreams

Ok, I'm not a big dreamer in general. Either I don't remember them, or I don't have them, it's hard to tell. Last night, however, I had a dream that we had a son sleeping between my wife and I. He was so small and fragile, I wasn't able to sleep (yeah, can't sleep in my dream) and so I just picked him up and held him all night. It wasn't an eventful dream, but it did pull up feelings of love and anticipation I knew were there, but weren't really prevalent.

It's weird the way we've been preparing for parenthood that it's become very real, and we haven't even concieved yet. I feel like my child is alive and well and someone I'm actively taking care of. Anticipation can be great and all, but I'm pretty sure it's going to try my patience. But I know I'll get nervous once the moment finally arrives.

No comments: