Sunday, September 21, 2008

My child's sports heritage

So, I'm a big Bears fan, originally being from the Chicago area. And with them losing once again today, it really makes me wonder if my kids will want to be like their daddy and follow my teams, or if they'll want to be different and pick teams that aren't mine.

So I figure it can be broken down into a few possibilities.

  1. They want to be like their father and will follow the Bears and Bulls with affection. Sports will become a bonding experience between us and we will rejoice and suffer at the same time.
  2. They will be like their father in that they are a rebel and pick teams like the Packers and Pistons, and cheer when my teams fail. We will not experience joy or sadness at the same time.
  3. They will be influenced by their friends before I can sink my claws into them and enjoy whatever team is popular at the time. I'm sort of indifferent as far as this tactic goes.
  4. They won't care for sports, taking after their mother. I guess I could live with this too, as long as they don't wear green and gold on Sundays.

No comments: