Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's that time again

So we're about at ovulation time again. It's crazy how quickly that comes around. Good news, we try alot. Bad news, we limit it to once a day.

So along with fatherhood comes plenty of additional pressure to provide. Provide sustenance. Provide shelter. Provide care. Provide affection. Provide guidance. Provide stability. Provide leadership. Provide pretty much everything that child will need, especially at the beginning.

Then it evolves into the whole teaching to fish. I need to teach it at first to walk and to use the toilet. Then teach it lifestyle choices like diet and exercise. Influence positively towards education and hard work. It is a difficult balance between teaching discipline and iron fisted rule.

I always get worried about finding that fine line. I think my parents found that line well with me, but missed it with some of my siblings. Did they treat us differently? Probably, but how I could not tell you. It would take many lifetimes for me to study and find for certain that line. Looks like I am going to have to go with my gut, and I don't trust my gut much. I'm all about solid numbers and evidence. Man, who knows if I'm really ready for this?

No comments: