Wednesday, July 29, 2009

He arrived

I'm posting this at the time of his birth, but clearly writing it well after.  


I have to say, nothing is more profoundly life altering than watching your child being born.  I know I'm not the first or last to espouse this claim, but words just cannot describe just how miraculous it is.  The most powerful joyous emotions I have ever felt all rushed in the moment I saw that little head poking through.  The tufts of hair brought tears to my eyes.  The earnest cry for air tugged at my heart.  Stroking his face for the first time as he rested on his mother's chest nearly buckled my knees as I was so tremendously happy to meet my son for the first time.  


For anyone considering having children, do it now.  Don't wait.  You'll never be ready and never have enough money and it will never be the right time.  It will blow your mind though just how great it is.

No comments: