Sunday, March 15, 2009

My brain is gonna change

I just read this little snippet about a father's brain transformation when he becomes a father. It's interesting that this happens for the guy despite not physically going through a change.

See, it's now known that both parents go through physical brain re-wirings when becoming a parent, which fascinates me. The specific changes in the man's brain is really interesting. It's more of a temporary change as the child grows. It really just reaffirms the primary goal as a parent: Make your kids strong enough to not need you anymore.

Thinking about that kind of makes me sad. I want my kids to need me forever, but I also want them to be able to stand on their own. I guess what I really want is for my kids to choose to need me, that way I get my cake and eat it too.

No comments: