Sunday, May 2, 2010

Teething isn't fun for anyone

So I'm sitting here this morning and instead of killing time by surfing the web, I thought I would actually post something.  So the young lad has been going through teething, already with 4 teeth and getting a 5th and soon to be 6th and I gotta say, there's definitely a reason we don't remember that.  It could either be on purpose, or it could be the brain's self defense thing where it forgets a traumatic experience.

Either way, he's not really enjoying the experience all that much, and consequently, neither am I and his mother.  He's not a screamer at all, but he does wake up about every hour at night, which is no fun for me since I'm the one that gets up with him.

On the other hand, he's going through first accomplishments left and right.  He's crawling now, he says Dada, he claps and high fives...  it's like he's a whole person!  It's truly amazing watching him develop and form who he is.  Parenthood is definitely the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done.  Also the most exhausting.  I don't know when the last time I got 8 hours of sleep in.

2 comments:

Busy-Dad-E said...

And strangely, when/if you do happen to get 8 hours sleep, surprisingly you'll feel EVEN MORE TIRED.

Unknown said...

Yup! It's true that teething isn't fun! My daughter is one and she has 4 teeth now. She had a fever each time she was teething and she woke up crying in the wee hours. I'm usually the first to wake up with her but since she's more attached to my wife, she usually just cries until my wife wakes up and pacifies her back to sleep. I haven't got 8 hrs of sleep since becoming a dad! Perhaps only when I report back to camp for national reserve training..
themetrodad.wordpress.com